Dear Varsity, Lightweight and Middleweight Parents,
Football season is nearly here and it is time to get ready for another great year of Cary Jr. Trojan Football! The purpose of this letter is to inform you of some important dates to keep in mind and key information that should help you and your player prepare for this season. We will have one primary goal in mind this year: To do our best to prepare our players to play at the next level. We run C.G.H.S. offense and defense. We do not stress winning we stress fundamentals and technique which leads to safe football. Good fundamentals will lead to a better experience for all. Football is a difficult sport that requires dedication and hard work. It is also one of the greatest sports for building sportsmanship, character, and a positive team attitude. Team is very important. If you don’t have all the players focused on your goals you will eventually fail, especially in football the ultimate “TEAM” game.
We expect our players to be good citizens. Our rule is Family first, school second then football. Good family life and successful school equals focus and success in football and more importantly life.
This year we will have Middleweight on the same field as Lightweight and Varsity. We will keep our Middleweight groups separate from Lightweight and Varsity, however Middleweight will run the same drills as the upper levels. I am excited to see our Middleweights on the same field, after all, when they are in high school they will be one team.
The Chicagoland Youth Football League (TCYFL): The Junior Trojan program participates in the largest independent organized youth football league. The website is www.TCYFL.net and provides schedules, game results, rules and standings.
Please keep in mind some of the following points:
* Practice will be HOT, so bring lots of water, preferably in a half gallon insulated jug that is labeled. The coaches will be encouraging players to hydrate often. It is important to have your son drink plenty of fluids throughout the day to keep from getting dehydrated. “Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate”. We prefer good old H2O before and during practice and Gatorade after to replace lost nutrients. If you start drinking water ½ hour before practice it’s too late. Especially during conditioning, you should hydrate all day. A light snack, fruit or vegetable carbs are good.
* With the heat and conditioning, expect your players to be tired, but most bounce back quickly. Football is a contact sport and they may also have a few assorted aches and bruises. This is normal but if any issues persist or seem critical, please do not hesitate to let a member of the coaching staff know.
* Please do not make any adjustments to your players helmet. If there is a problem, please let your coach know. They have the proper equipment to make the necessary adjustments.
* The mosquitoes are typically bad, so please spray your player before practice. Have plenty of mosquito spray available during practice if necessary. We have a bucket with spray in our box, any donations to the bucket would be appreciated.
· Helmet-as provided by the Cary Jr. Trojans.
· Shoulder pads-as provided by the Cary Jr. Trojans.
· T-shirt under shoulder pads and practice jersey over shoulder pads.
· Football pants with pads – the pants must be white WITHOUT snaps. These may be purchased at Team Colors or other sporting goods retailers.
· Blue socks above the ankle for games.
· Football cleats (no metal spikes).
· Colored mouth guards are required.
· Athletic supporter and protective cup.
· Footballs are supplied by the Cary Jr. Trojans. However, it is always good to have a football at home. At the Varsity Jr. Varsity level we use any of the following sized footballs: Wilson-TDY, Nike-Youth .
We practice at Galway Field (behind Cary Grove High School) this year. For Combine, we will be practicing on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
We practice and play in all weather conditions; however, if there is lightning we will not practice or stop practice. If you see lightning and we are at practice, please pick up your player.
Tuesday, July 24-Friday July 27 6:00-8:00PM
Saturday, July 28 9:30-11:30AM
Shorts, t-shirts, helmets, mouthguard and cleats
Players with less than 10 hours conditioning will still condition
Tuesday, July 31– Friday, August 3 6:00-8:00PM
Saturday, August 4 9:30-11:30AM
Tuesday August 7 – Friday, August 10 6:00-8:00 PM
Saturday, August 11 9:30-11:30 AM
Pre Season week:
Tuesday, August 14- Friday, August 17 6:00-8:00 PM
Saturday, August 18- Pre Season games
Sunday, August 19- All program picture day
Regular season August 20- September 24:
Monday August 20 : 5:30-6:30P M
Tuesday, August 21: 6:00-8:00 PM
Wednesday August 22: – NO PRACTICE
Thursday August 23- 6:00-8:00 PM
Friday August 24: 5:30-6:30 PM
Monday is conditioning ( wear shorts and t-shirts).
Tuesday and Thursday are game prep.
Friday is special teams.
Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays are full gear.
From September 24- November 9
Monday and Friday 5:30-6:30 PM at Galway
Tuesday and Thursday 5:30-7:30 PM at Lions Park
As parents, we ask that you maintain the following responsibilities:
Please get your child to practice and games on time. If you know your child will be late or won’t be able to make a practice or game, please let your coach know in advance if possible.
· During games please remain in the spectator area away from the sidelines. Only coaches with TCYFL badges are allowed on the sidelines. Violation of this rule will result in a team penalty.
· Provide positive support to all players and opposing players during a game. Should a parent be given a warning during a game from the referee, the head coach could be suspended for that game and the following game. PLEASE BE GOOD SPORTS!
· Let your coach know if you have a problem. Same holds true if your child is not happy about something. Your coach needs to know if there is a problem right away.
· Help out with team volunteer opportunities. We have a number of items that require parent help. The more parents that are involved the better the team and the program will be for the boys.
We will consistently expect the players to maintain the following responsibilities:
· Have fun and always give your best effort
· Listen to the instruction and support provided by the coaches
· Always show respect for the coaches, parents, other players and opposing teams
· Attend practices and games on time.
· Have water for each practice and game.
· Cooperate with others and help other players as necessary.
· Let a coach know if you feel ill or if there is a problem of some kind.
MW Level Mom
LW/HW LEVEL MOM